fULL SERVICE- WE DO IT ALL!
Take a Break specializes in childcare for children with autism and other special needs. While this is our specialization, the experience and training our sitters possess makes them highly qualified to work with ALL children. Take a Break offers the following services:
- Full-time Nannies
- Part-time Nannies
- Hourly babysitting
- Overnight care
- After school care
- Event sitting
- Mother's helper
- Intensive 36 hour potty training
- In home ABA therapy (coming soon- Sept 2018!)
- Behavior consultation (coming soon- Sept 2018!)
All of our services are performed by sitters who are CPR and First Aid certified, hold a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) or Certified Behavior Assistant (CBA) certification, and be able to pass a criminal background check, driving record check, and social security number verification.
Unlike other sitter and nanny agencies, Take a Break never charges any upfront fees. You only pay for the time that you use our services.
36-hour intensive potty training
Our Potty Training program helps teach one of the most important daily living skills to children, even those individuals with various diagnoses and skill levels. Our all-inclusive potty training method has a 100% success rate because it is not a "cookie cutter" intervention. Each potty training is completely individualized for the child. Our potty training specialists use principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to help your child learn the necessary skills to successfully become potty trained.
“We believe that every child has the right to the independence and dignity that potty training allows.”
All about our potty training program:
First, we schedule a phone conference with parents to discuss child readiness and identify child specific needs. Second, our potty training specialists will prepare your child’s individualized potty training plan, according to his or her needs. Third, we will sit down with parents to review the individualized plan, train them how to follow it, discuss any questions or concerns. At this time we will also schedule the intensive potty training. Fourth, Our potty training specialists will come to your home for 3 days (6 hours/day) so that your child is able to learn and practice in his or her natural environment. During our visits, our potty training specialists will work with the child and consistently coach parents through the potty training process, providing guidance and assistance with problem solving. Fifth, following the first 3 days of the potty training process, our potty training specialists will continue to provide ongoing support (phone calls, text messages), as needed.
The Value of Potty Training:
- Time spent changing diapers:
- ~5 minutes to change a diaper
- 6 diapers a day = ~30 minutes changing diapers each day
- Up to ~180 hours per year spent changing diapers
- Money spent on buying diapers:
- Average child uses over 2,000 diapers per year, totaling over $1,000 on diapers in a year
- Cost incurred with our intensive potty training:
- Only occurs one time, but lasts forever
Hourly rates start as follows and vary depending on your need:
- 1 child- $15/hr
- $3/hr for each additional child
**Take a Break sitters are also available to travel with your
family or stay with your children while you take that much-needed weekend getaway.**
Take a Break has a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you have booked a sitter and your plans change and you no longer need our services, please let us know within 24 hours of the sitter’s scheduled arrival time. If the sitter is cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice, you will still be responsible for the cost of that nanny’s service and it will appear on your invoice.
Thank you again for trusting us with your children.
1. Complete the online Find a Sitter Request Form.
2. After you submit your request, we review your request and schedule a phone consultation. During this consultation, we will have a discussion to find out what your needs are. We will discuss your required schedule, position responsibilities, and qualities that you would like to see in your ideal sitter. Once you decide to work with us, we will send you our Services Agreement to look over and sign to get the process started.
3. Once you have signed our agreement, we will begin to match you with sitters that fit your wants and needs.
4. When a sitter has been identified as a match, we forward you their bios and you choose whom you would like to interview.
5. After you have interviewed the candidates that are available, you make the final decision as to whom you may want to hire.
Parent's Night Out
Need an evening without the kids? Take a Break Babysitting and We Rock the Spectrum (Clearwater & Tampa) are proud to offer our parents the opportunity to take a well-deserved break. Plan an evening for yourself knowing that your little ones are safe and having the time of their lives.
This awesome evening for your kids will be filled with a variety of fun, games, and activities -- they won't want the night to end! Pizza and drinks are available for purchase, if dietary restrictions apply please pack dinner for your child.
Cost: $30 child (*Each additional sibling receives a $5 discount)
Ages: 3 years old & up
*Pre-registration is required and spots are limited. First come first serve until capacity.
*Please note that you will receive an invoice based on your answers below
“Take A Break ON US”
Taking care of a child with a developmental disability can be challenging. Parents and other caregivers often don’t have enough time for themselves, and need a break to re-energize and regroup.
Because Take a Break Babysitting (TAB) recognizes the importance of caregivers taking care of themselves, we offer “Take A Break ON US”. Under this program, you will receive:
· a restaurant gift certificate;
· 2 movie tickets; and
· up to 4 hours of babysitting services for your children
How to Apply:
To participate in the “Take A Break ON US” program, please complete the form below.
TAB awards one Take A Break packages each month. Currently this program serves families in the Tampa Bay area.